Golf Courses in Panama City and Suburbs:
- Panama Golf Club: 18-Hole, par 72 championship golf course with 7096 yards from the back tees. The Panama golf club is a private club located in Panama City, less than 30 minutes from Tocumen International Airport.
- Tucan Country Club: 18-Hole, par-72 layout that stretches 6,618 yards. Tucan Country club is located west of the Panama Canal, 20 minutes drive from down town Panama City.
- Summit Golf Course: 18 Hole, golf course originally inaugurated in 1930, but complete renovated to world class standards. This championship golf course, designed by Jeffrey Myers is a par 72 and stretches 6626 yards.
- Panama Pacifico, Kobbe Hills(*): Greg Norman Signature Golf Course currently in the planning stages. The championship course will feature 18 holes and will be completed in 2016. Panama Pacifico is located just west of the Panama Canal within 20 minutes drive of Down town Panama City.
- Santa Maria(*): Jack Nicklaus Design in planning stages. This golf course will be located within 10 minutes drive of Tocumen international airport and within 10 minutes of Down Town Panama City.
Golf Courses of Panama's Pacific Coast:
The highest concentration of golf courses in Panama are along Panama´s Pacific Coast, between 1 and 1.5 hours west of Panama City. These include:
- Coronado: 18-hole, championship, par 72 golf course designed by Tom and George Fazio. Measures 7,116 yards.
- Vista Mar: 18-hole par 72 golf course designed by J. Michael, Poellot. This golf course measures 7273 yards and features ocean views from every hole.
- Bijao: 9-Hole, semi-professional, par 36, golf course designed by architect and golf pro and Ron Garl
- Decameron Mantarraya Golf Club: Randal Thompson design 18-hole Championship golf Course. This golf course is fully operational.
- Buenaventura(*): Nicklaus Design Golf Course: 18-hole Nicklaus Design par-72 championship golf course which will measure 7,324 yards from the back tees. Completion of Buenaventura’s Nicklaus design course is set for December of 2011.
These beach communities either have golf coursed completed or underway. The infrastructure in these parts is growing quickly and at the point where one could live full time with the available amenities which include full scale supermarkets, private emergency healthcare, over a dozen restaurants, and several shopping plazas. There are also plans for an international Airport in Rio Hato, which is within 30 minutes drive of these beach resort communities with golf courses.
Island Golf Courses:
Viveros Resort(*): Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course currently under construction. It will consist of 18-holes of which 6 will be ocean front. This is the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course in Panama. Its located on Viveros island which is a 15 minute flight from Albrook Airport and about 2.5 hours via boat.
(*) under construction or in planning stages.
- Panama Metropolitan Nature Park
- Panama: It’s not just for retirees anymore
- Panama Realtor's Location Picks for 2012
- Tourism up 6.3% in the first five months of 2010
- Panama's economy grew 4.9% in the first quarter of 2010
- Panama ranked as the third happiest country in America
- Moody's upgrades Panama to investment grade
- Insurance for tourists
- A Report On The Current Condition Of The Panama Economy
- The Panama Canal Expansion