Golf Courses in Panama City and Suburbs:
- Panama Golf Club: 18-Hole, par 72 championship golf course with 7096 yards from the back tees. The Panama golf club is a private club located in Panama City, less than 30 minutes from Tocumen International Airport.
- Tucan Country Club: 18-Hole, par-72 layout that stretches 6,618 yards. Tucan Country club is located west of the Panama Canal, 20 minutes drive from down town Panama City. Tucan is a semi private golf club.
- Summit Golf Course: 18 Hole, golf course originally inaugurated in 1930, but complete renovated to world class standards. This championship golf course, designed by Jeffrey Myers is a par 72 and stretches 6626 yards. Summit is a Semi-private Golf course.
- Panama Pacifico, Kobbe Hills(*): Greg Norman Signature Golf Course currently in the planning stages. The championship course will feature 18 holes and will be completed in 2016. Panama Pacifico is located just west of the Panama Canal within 20 minutes drive of Downtown Panama City.
- Santa Maria(*): Jack Nicklaus Design is still under construction though the first 9 holes have been delivered. This golf course is located within 10 minutes drive of Tocumen international airport and within 10 minutes of Down Town Panama City. Santa Maria is a private golf club.
Golf Courses of Panama's Pacific Coast:
Golf courses along Panama's Pacific Coast, range between 1 and 1.5 hours west of Panama City. These include:
- Coronado: 18-hole, championship, par 72 golf course designed by Tom and George Fazio. Measures 7,116 yards. Coronado Golf and Beach Resort is a semi-private club.
- Vista Mar: 18-hole par 72 golf course designed by J. Michael, Poellot. This golf course measures 7273 yards and features ocean views from every hole. The Vista Mar Golf Course is a semi private club.
- Bijao: 9-Hole, semi-professional, par 36, golf course designed by architect and golf pro and Ron Gar.
- Decameron Mantarraya Golf Club: Randal Thompson design 18-hole Championship golf Course. This golf course is fully operational and semi private.
- Buenaventura(*): Nicklaus Design Golf Course: 18-hole Nicklaus Design par-72 championship golf course which will measure 7,324 yards from the back tees. Buenaventura is a private golf club.
The infrastructure in the beach communities west of Panama City is growing quickly and at the point where one can live full time with the available amenities, which include full scale supermarkets, private emergency healthcare, over a dozen restaurants, and several shopping plazas. There are also plans for an international Airport in Rio Hato, which is within 5-30 minutes drive of the aforementioned beach resort communities with golf courses.
Island Golf Courses:
Viveros Resort(*): Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course currently under construction. It will consist of 18-holes of which 6 will be ocean front. This is 1 of only 2 Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course in Panama. It’s located on Viveros island which is within a 15 minute flight from Albrook Airport or about 2.5 hours via boat.
(*) Golf Courses under construction or in planning stages.
For more information on Golf Course communities in Panama or to learn about Real Estate opportunities within Golf Course Communities please visit our webpage www.panamarealtor.com or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org