The Miraflores Visitor Center provides an excellent opportunity to experience the Panama Canal with different activities to learn such as:
- Theater Room - offers a 3D projection film about the history of the Panama Canal (available in English and Spanish).
- Exhibition Halls - four halls portraying the Canal's history and functioning.
- Observation Decks - three levels for observing the Canal's operation and the passage of ships through the locks.
- Restaurant - enjoy a good meal while watching ships transit through the Canal.
- Gift Shop
- Opening hours: 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- Tour duration: 2 hours
- Entrance fee: 15USD
Museum of Biodiversity
The Museum of Biodiversity is located on the Amador Causeway, one of Panama's most popular locations. It offers a three dimensional view of the Isthmus of Panama history and explains the different habitats of the country and the animals and plants you might find in each one of them.
The Biomuseo’s 4,000 square meters contain eight permanent exhibition galleries. In addition to the main spaces, it has a public atrium, a space for temporary exhibitions, a shop, a cafe, and multiple outdoor exhibits displayed in the botanical park.
- Opening hours: Tuesday - Friday (10:00AM - 4:00PM) / Saturday & Sunday (10:00AM - 5:00PM)
- Entrance fee: 18USD / 11USD (kids) / 16USD (retirees)
Casco Viejo is the oldest city on the Pacific Coast of the Americas, and lies at the foot of the Panama Canal on one side and Panama City on the other. To walk through Casco Viejo is definitely to walk through history. Buildings sitting side by side can be over three hundred years apart in age. Balconies are filled with flowers such as geraniums and bougainvillea wrapped around sculpted wrought iron crafted in another century, The streets are brick, and no matter which way they run, they run to the sea, because Casco Viejo is surrounded by sea.
Casco Viejo offers many restaurants with seafood specialites, historical parks, churches and statues. There is also a large area to buy souvenirs such as the famous Panama Hats. Nightlife is very busy in Casco Viejo as it has become Panama's favorite spot for locals and tourists looking to have a good time. There are many bars and discos with karaokes open until 4AM on weekends.
- Entrance fee: Free
Ancon Hill is the highest point in Panama City. It is located in Ancon, a former Canal Zone area also known as the Reverted Areas.From the top of the hill you can view the center of Panama City, the Bridge of the Americas, Casco Viejo, the Coastal Belt, the Panama Canal, Albrook Airport and loading ports.
- Opening hours: 6:00AM - 6:00PM
- Entrance fee: Free
Panama has many high class malls offering a great variety of stores for your shopping needs.