LOCATION, ACCESS & UTILITIES:
- Distance to Panama City: Approx. 95 km (approx. 60 miles) from Panama City on perfect PanAmerican highway.
- Regional Location: La Ermita, San Carlos district, approx. 6 km (approx. 8 minute drive) from PanAmerican Highway, approx. 10 minute drive to Playa Corona, or approx. 15 minute drive to town of Coronado.
- Distance to Beach: Approx. 8 km from Playa Corona.
- Road Access: Located approx. 6 km from the PanAmerican Highway. Power: Power lines run near the property, within approx. 800 meters.
- Water: Water is available by well and there are 2 natural water springs on the property, with a creek bordering the property on the East side and a river bordering the property on the West side.
- Telephone: Telephone services are available through local carriers such as Cable & Wireless.
- Celphones: Celphone service is available with Cable & Wireless, and with Movistar.
- Internet: Internet is available through Cable & Wireless, Sistemas Inalambricos (SISA), and Mobilphone.
- Direct TV service is also available.
- Sand: The nearest beach is called Playa Corona, which is mostly a mixture of white and black colored sand with a small river mouth on the East and a rocky point on the West side of the beach.
- Access: Playa Corona is approx. 8 km from the property location, accessed by an asphalt road that leads directly down to the beach.
- The beach faces South, and you can walk (or ride a horse or motorcycle or 4 wheeler) for miles either East to Playa Rio Mar and Playa Palmar, or West to Playa Grande, Playa Chumico and Playa Santa Clara.
- Area: Total area is approx. 61 hectares (approx. 152 acres), all titled property.
- Elevations: The elevations are between 300 to 400 meters above sea level.
- Topography: The topography is rolling hills.
- Best Use: The land was used entirely for cattle farming, the property is cleared pasture land, ideal for development purposes.
- Access: The land is completely fenced with a gravel/dirt access road.
- Title: Fully titled property, registered at the Public Registry of Panama.
- Ownership: Held in the name of a Panamanian corporation.
- Title Insurance: title insurance is available through LandAmerica Lawyers Title Insurance Company, and the cost is approx. 1% of the insured value, plus a $750 title report fee.
- Dry and cool at night: from December to May.
- Moderately rainy: from June to August.
- Rainy Season: the heaviest rains are in September, October and November.
ACTIVITIES & AMMENITIES:
- Surfing: the Pacific Beaches region near La Ermita is famous for the best surfing beaches in the country, including Playa Corona, Playa Rio Mar, Playa Palmar, Playa San Carlos, Costa Esmeralda, Playa Teta, Rocky Point, Malibu, and other nearby surfing beaches.
- Fishing: the surrounding rock reefs along the coastline provide for good fishing of red snapper, sea bass, amberjack, snook, and if you go far enough out to sea you can catch tuna and wahoo.
- Equestrian (Horse Back Riding): there is a full service equestrian center in the town of Coronado, just minutes from the property, plus there are several horse breeding farms in the area. Many people also ride their horses on the beach, or up in the trails in the mountains around La Ermita.
- Golf: there is an 18 hole Tom Fazio design golf course at the Coronado Golf Club, which is just minutes from the property, otherwise, you can golf at either the VistaMar 18 hole course (just 10 minutes away in San Carlos) or the Decameron Resort 18 hole course (within approx. 15 minutes).
- Wind Surfing & Kite Boarding: the best wind surfing and kite boarding is at the beach called Punta Chame, which is about a 50 minute drive from La Ermita.
- Motocross Racing: there is a motocross track in the town of Coronado where international motocross races are held.
- Go-Cart Racing: there is a go-cart track in Coronado.
- Car Racing: there is a car racing track in Rio Hato where car races are held on a regular basis.
- Hiking: you can find incredible hiking trails in the mountains around the La Ermita area. Otherwise, you can drive just about 30 minutes to El Valle mountain town, or 50 minutes to Altos del Maria (Sora).
- Hotels/Casinos: there are multiple hotel resorts in the area, including Coronado Golf Club, VistaMar resort, Playa Blanca Resort, Bristol Hotel (at Buena Ventura), BayView (at Palmar beach), and Decameron Resort has a full service casino.
- Restaurants: there are many good restaurants in the area, primarily in Coronado, or otherwise at VistaMar, Palmar (Bayview Resort), Los Camisones (Playa Corona), Rio Mar, and many others.
61 hectares (approx. 152 acres) @ US$1.50 per square meter