Up the mountain, 10 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of “downtown” Boquete, in the heart of coffee country lies Finca Jaguar Java: 1.4 hectares (3.4 acres) planted with Arabica coffee trees, orange, lemon, banana, avocado and other fruit trees.
The owners love this house and have lived in it for eleven years, but the time has come to downsize and move to a smaller home.
A long, palm-lined private driveway leads to a Tuscan-inspired 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 4,500 square foot home designed for outdoor living and entertaining. The home is surrounded by lush tropical garden and has numerous high-end features. The formal dining room, great room with soaring ceiling, fireplace, and clear story windows, library/music room, and master bedroom all open to covered spaces for enjoying outdoor living.
Not only is the house beautiful, but our e location is the Panama you’ve dreamed about, away from the noise of “downtown” and the “Southern California wantabe” developments. You won’t see any neighbors, yet five or six of the expat families who’ve been in Panama the longest (some 20 to 40 plus years!) are 5 to 10 minutes away. Plus all the home-grown, single estate gourmet coffee you want . . . along with your own home-grown fresh squeezed orange juice, bananas . . . and, privacy!
Home features include:
- All one story and wheelchair accessible – why would anyone think about retiring in a home with steps?
- Exempt from property tax until 2027
- Open floor plan
- Bright and airy
- Burmese cherry cabinets
- Granite counter tops
- Stainless kitchen with side by side refrigerator & freezer
- Spanish tile roof and floors with Indian slate floors in library and outdoor living spaces
- Mexican Talavera sinks
- Green marble topped “his & her” desks in library
- Walk in shower in Master Bathroom (no curtains or glass to squeegee!
- Spacious “his and her” walk-in closets
- Library has built in shelves and cabinets, French doors to outside and a two-person, 11 foot built in desk for two with green marble top
- Antique Egyptian antique entry doors
- Hand-crafted chandeliers
- 8 ceiling fans
- Separate laundry room with Whirlpool Duo washer and dryer
- Inside/outside river rock fireplace, excellent for rainy nights!
- 4,500 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths
- Covered, attached parking garage
- Covered front porch and huge rear covered terrace ideal for outdoor living and entertaining
- Floor safes
- Reliable Internet currently 1M upgradable to 3M
- Counters are raised 3″ higher than standard so you don’t have to bend over to work
- Fantastic home for entertaining, even large groups
- Nicely paved road all the way from the main road between Boquete and David
Finca features include:
- 4,000 producing Arabica coffee trees [The present owners keep and process a limited amount for their own use and for gifts while selling most of the production as red "cherries" to Cafe Duran, a major Panamanian coffee producer.]
- Both city water and well water with a water system that includes pressure pump and two 1250 gallon storage tanks.
- Separate deposito for storage with covered area for coffee processing.
- Gate house/casita approximately 1,000 sq ft originally built for a family member, furnished, rents for $525 a month (3 month minimum). Casita could also be used for full-time maid.
- Farm worker quarters. Currently have one full-time worker who devotes half-time to coffee production and half-time as gardener for estate.
- Coffee drying shed – roofed in clear plastic, used to dry coffee current we hold out for our own use.
- Deposito for storage and houses water storage tanks and “pulpadora” used for removing cherry husks from coffee held out for personal use.
- 1.4 hectares or 3.4 acres
- Paved roads right to property driveway
Available with or without existing corporation. Partial furnishing available and may include queen bed in master bedroom; two twins in both guest rooms, one of which makes up as a king bed; front porch rocker; terrace furniture, coffee table, outside dining table; dining room table and chairs; living room sofa, love seat, armoire/TV cabinet, coffee table, leather arm chairs; library wicker sofa. Appliances: dual Frigidare refrigerator and freezer (‘built-in”), Kitchenaid dishwasher, Ariston stove, GE Profile convection oven/microwave, Whirlpool Duet upright washer and dryer.
The price is for the house and the land behind. The land up to the street is available for $120,000 with an easement.