Price per M2:
- Location: Santa Catalina, Veraguas
- Property Type: Hotel/B&B - PID 4927
- Bedrooms: 19
- Bathrooms: 16
- Built Area: 1,275 m2 (13,724 sq.ft.)
- Total Area: 20,000 m2 (215,280 sq.ft.)
- Title Status: Right of Possession
- Updated: Dec 28, 2015
The Hibiscus Garden Hotel (www.hibiscusgarden.com) has the best Trip Advisor and Lonely Planet reviews of Santa Catalina. It sits directly on the beach of the Montijo Gulf, in Lagartero, just 15 car minutes away from Santa Catalina.
Seven houses offer enough space to breathe and enjoy this tropical paradise. The houses are:
- The Reception with rooms for the manager and volunteers. bathroom, kitchen and laundry (122m² plus 25m² terrace)
- The Cabaña with 4 guestrooms, and a communal terrace (85m² plus 80 m² terrace)
- Garden House (family house) with 3 family rooms and 1 double room, cleaning room, one storage room for sheets, towels etc. and one for surf boards etc. (120 m² plus 75 m² terrace)
- River House with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, office, storage, living room and large terrace (150 m² plus 20 m² terrace)
- Restaurant with two rooms for employees, kitchen, storage, outside dining room with room for 25 to 30 guests (80 m² plus 130 m² terrace)
- Villa rebuilt for 4 bedrooms, kitchen, terraces, storage room (200 m² plus 65 m² terrace)
- Employees‘ house with 2 rooms, bath and terrace (25 m² plus 20 m² terrace)
plus a garage (80 m²) and a chicken coop.
3 additional rooms in the 4th house are being made into guest rooms. 2 rooms in the 6th house are rented to the diving club.
All but one rooms have air conditioning, all bathrooms have hot water.
The hotel will be sold including all the furniture, possibly with the horses (2 hotel horses plus a 2-year-old stallion and the next one is on its way). The shuttle car (Suzuki APV) can be included along with the financing contract, but need not be. SUPs and surf boards are included in the sale. There is not often enough surf, but SUP is always possible.
The hotel is in a corporation which can be used for the sale. At the moment, the property is "rights of possession", but can be titled for $3/m², which will increase the value dramatically.
Due to its good name and very special location, Hibiscus Garden is one of the few hotels making money. Information on income and expenses is available for qualified buyers.
The hotel is the only one on the beach (160 metres of beachfront!) and nature is all around it: parrots, pelicans … Crocodiles live in the river and nest on our property. If lucky, guests can watch the little crocodiles hatching, being caught in their mother’s mouth and carried to the water. Sometimes turtles lay their eggs on the beach.
The owners love this place, but their children have now reached the age when they have to go to school and so the parents have decided to hand over their paradise and move to the nearest large town. They hope they can find somebody who can take over and feel as happy as they did.