In the heart of 5,000 acres of natural rainforest, in the private enclave of Boca Brava, Catalaya Communities combines the exclusivity of a private island with the amenities of urban living. Facing the ocean, our private escape is home to one of the most exceptional views of the Pacific and archipelago.
This active adult community possesses amenities and services for residents who want to experience it all. Strike the perfect balance between relaxation and adventure. Enjoy the peace and quiet of over 6 miles of beachfront, plan a day trip to visit Baru volcano, seek big wave thrills while kite surfing, or simply relax by the pool and enjoy a refreshing cocktail. In the evening, unwind and admire the sunset while savoring gourmet cuisine by award winning chefs in the idyllic setting of one of our fine restaurants.
Catalaya’s state of the art, American inspired athletic facility is the pinnacle of our holistic approach to health and fitness.
Residents enjoy a full schedule of fitness classes which encompass a wide range of motion, from heart pumping cardio, to improving your yoga flow, Zumba moves and pilates physique. Practice your sun salutation during Sunrise Yoga on the beach and in the fresh ocean air. Guests can also create customized private training sessions with our expert instructors, tailored to your individual needs.
Interested in more active sports and strength training? Our facility is complete with Hammer strength weights, life fitness cardio equipment, as well as tennis, basketball, racquetball, spinning or squash to get your body energized. At the end of your workout, treat tired muscles with a warm Jacuzzi or steam shower, or enjoy a refreshing shower with local beauty products. Take a break in our café and sip a fresh organic smoothie while chatting with new friends.
BLUE ORCHID SPA
Rejuvenate and replenish sun kissed skin at our world-class spa. With naturally restorative products, our spa offers luxurious massage and beauty therapies that will leave your body revitalized. Our skilled therapists create an enriching spa treatment tailored to clients’ health, beauty and wellness needs. A delicious multi-sensory experience awakens guests to the natural beauty that surrounds us, from organic coconut oil to vanilla scented creams and body scrubs with all natural exotic fruits. Share an intimate couples massage or treat yourself to some pampering in the tropics.
Enjoy a refreshing swim in one of Catalaya’s six pools, each interconnected to form one continuously refreshing aquatic experience. Delight in sumptuous snacks and delightful beverages while sun bathing or lounging by the water. Relax to the sounds of the waterfall while basking in the tropical sunshine. Take advantage of our swim-up bar which offers refreshing signature drinks without ever leaving the water.
Comfortable lounge chairs
Full service lunch
Catalaya endeavors to preserve the pristine feel of a private getaway, while offering a suite of accommodating transit services.
While cars are allowed on the island, we promote quieter modes of transport in order to reduce noise and air pollution. Members can get around quickly and quietly with golf carts and 4-stroke ATV’s (a naturally quieter alternative). Transit services also include a shuttle to and from the mainland as well as David Airport. In addition, we offer secured parking on the mainland if you wish to keep a car off island.
RECREATION AND RENTALS
At Catalaya, we hope to help you make lasting memories. Offered exclusively to our members, outdoor activities abound with the help of our rental amenities. Embark on a leisurely bicycle ride around the Catalaya board walk, catch a bite on your fishing expedition, take a restful snooze with a beach side hammock, experience the most exhilarating water sports or learn how to surf!
· Stand up paddle boards – Like floating on the water, this low impact sport has become very popular because it’s easy to learn and a quieter water activity. Connect with nature. “SUPing” is also a great way to burn calories and tone up! Balancing on the board itself helps work your core, while paddling works muscles in your arms, legs, abdominals and back. Enjoy hours of peace and quiet along with taking in your beautiful surroundings at a leisurely pace.
· Jeep Wranglers – Sporty yet sophisticated, let your hair down in one of our Jeeps, available exclusively to our members. These fun vehicles make getting around the mainland a rugged and convenient experience. Rent a jeep for your day trip or overnight expedition. 4-wheel drive comes in handy when navigating rough terrain not suitable for a car.
· Jet skis and jet boats – Feel the breeze through your hair as you explore the open ocean, miles of shoreline or find a quiet cove for a quick swim.
· Kayaks – Get some low impact exercise and enjoy the views of shoreline and the Pacific in our kayaks. Explore the various waterways, small islands and the archipelago.
· Dog park – Let Rover run free and make new friends! Our dog park includes baggies for pick-up and kiddie pools so your pup can cool off.
· Fishing equipment – The Gulf of Chiriqui is teaming with salt water fish such as tuna, marlin and grouper. You can also go out for a catch and release expedition in the beautiful marine park of Isla de Coiba.
Crafting the atmosphere of a small town and cultivating our community feel, Catalaya Commons is a shopping center where guests can meet their daily retail and home needs. A one block pedestrian shopping center, The Commons offers a variety of shops and boutiques, cafes and restaurants.
Relax and enjoy a latte at our café, followed by a full service manicure, find fresh local fruits and vegetables as well as unique handicrafts. Members never feel the need to leave the island to pick up essentials and other comforts of home.
Our private shopping center includes:
Medical center with helipad
Restaurants and deli
Unique in the world, Catalaya Community living ensures that all of your needs are cared for from the moment you arrive. Working only with approved professionals, Guest Services accommodates daily requirements such as housekeeping, babysitting, taking Rover to the dog park and pet sitting.
It is also our pleasure to help residents with more long term provisions such as subletting or renting your unit, helping our guests to plan and pack for trips and excursions, and arranging longer term housekeeping services. Staff members are experienced and trained to provide the best service to our members as possible, and we will always do our best to meet member requests.
Our staff will also help you plan the perfect day trip to explore the rest of the island and other amenities including horse-back riding, scuba diving and deep sea fishing.