This off-the-grid villa lies on the 400-acre island of Isla de los Muertos, also known as Boca Chica Island. Surrounded by virgin jungle, it sits on a lot of 2,800 square metres and offers a luxurious house plus a cottage for guests or a caretaker. The cottage has two bedrooms and a loft which can also be used as a bedroom. The adjacent lot, which is cleared and is the ideal place to put a pool, can also be bought.
The house itself is made up of three individual pavilions connected with bridges.
The 110-foot pier has a float ramp of 45 feet bringing it to 150 feet and lets you step off your boat and walk home. A large weighted anchor secures your boat next to the ramp.
The boat house has the generator which can also be used for the main house. However, the generator is really a nice-to-have to give your air-conditioning a push, as 400 square feet of best-quality solar panels offer enough electricity for daily life.
Water is in abundance, with a deep well, a spring plus a further deep well in construction.
The property is a short boat ride from Boca Chica, 40 minutes by boat from Pedregal (David). The boat comes with the property
About Boca Chica Island:
A mile off the coast of Panama in the Pacific Ocean is a 400-acre Private Island community unlike anything in Latin America. Untouched by civilization, it’s a private hideaway for you to cut loose from the city’s endless roar. Because Boca Chica Island is a wild and ancient Panamanian rain forest.
So if you want to get away to a place where you can feel like Adam or Eve looking out on a freshly created world, this is the place.
· Boca Chica Island is a 400 acre island that’s a 10 minute boat ride from Panama’s Pacific Coast.
· 99% of the Island is covered in primary rainforest, which provides for a truly prehistoric and totally un-touched feel.
· Boca Chica Island borders Panama’s Chiriqui Gulf National Marine Park — home to world-class fishing where 90% of the deep sea fishing records have been caught.
· Boca Chica Island is, in turn, surrounded by 50 other, smaller and mostly uninhabited islands.
· Boca Chica Island’s Natural Beauty is being actively protected
Video by: John R Hampton, NotSereyus Productions