- Location: Boquete, Chiriqui
- Property Type: Single Family House - PID 5308
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 6.5
- Parkings: 8
- Built Area: 760 m2 (8,181 sq.ft.)
- Total Area: 4,923 m2 (52,991 sq.ft.)
- Title Status: Property Title
- Updated: Aug 18, 2017
El Santuario Historic Estate is set in the Highlands of Chiriqui with amazing views of Volcan Baru, Pacific Ocean and City Lights.
This fine, investment estate offers an historic home and gardens with incredible views, three income units, art museum and chapel, free-standing library, swimming pool and spa, large meeting-party room, home theater, lush gardens, two buildable lots that have been subdivided, and more. The portico/carport is paved with Spanish tiles and decorated with lush planters and an original art mural.
The main house has an open plan with great-room exposing 270 degrees of mountain, ocean, and town views:
- The massive double doors open to a living room lined with six sliding glass doors to highlight the stunning location in the highlands of Panama, revealing far mountains, expansive coffee farms and gorgeous sunsets and rainbows.
- The house has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a separate den/office with outside entrance, laundry room with washer, dryer, freezer and refrigerator, art studio, home theater, swimming pool and spa, and lots of storage, both inside and outside.
- The kitchen has an island with matching Ariston cook top and built-in oven. The walk-in pantry, side-by-side refrigerator, dishwasher topped with an almond cutting board, double, stainless-steel sinks, tile and wood counter tops, and three-level perimeter lighting make cooking a joy - even for less talented chefs.
- The master bedroom suite has wall-to-wall closets in both bedroom and large, white-tiled bathroom. Built-in shelving allows lots of storage and display space.
- The home theater in the main house is carpeted, has an 8 X 10 foot screen, projection room, eight large upholstered seats, state of the art projector, and surround sound.
- The art studio in the main house is well lit with space for painting, sculpturing, sewing, jewelry making, or any number of activities. It could easily be used as a 3rd bedroom.
- Conference meeting space/party room has a wooden dance floor, fireplace, fully-equipped bar with sink, refrigerator and bathroom.
- The deep, oval swimming pool and hot tub are under a glass roof and are surrounded by a scenic island mural. Maintenance is easy, thanks to the built-in, automatic suction pool cleaner.
- Three separate, fully furnished, one-bedroom rental units each have a private entrance, open plan, deck, gourmet kitchen, flat, wide-screen TV, and king/queen bed. The garden behind the rental units includes a covered patio with gas barbecue, water, power and lighting. Guests enjoy this private dining area, shown in the photo below.
- The second laundry with washer and dryer is used exclusively by guests.
Museum / chapel:
- Behind the swimming pool and recreation area is a museum of religious art/private chapel. It contains catalogued items, including statements of significance for icons, statuary, tile-work, paintings and native molas.
- At the highest point on the estate stands the climate-controlled library. It houses over 650 volumes, professionally cataloged according to the Dewey Decimal system.
All furniture is included in the sale.
The large, high-ceiling wood shop is attached to the main house and offers a covered, outside deck overlooking magnificent gardens. All workbenches, vices, table saw, drill press, band saw and many other power tools are included.
The outdoor kitchen has gas barbecue, high bar that seats 4, stainless steel sink and ice bin, and plenty of storage.
2009 Hyundai Tucson SUV in excellent condition with low mileage is included.
The property allows for development of additional homes, rental units or buildings, if desired. It is the perfect location for a bed-and-breakfast or nature resort.
Site plan below shows relative location of buildings and features on the estate, but is not to scale. A recent survey is available. Plenty of off-street, well-lit parking is located throughout the estate.
A scenic road leads in and out of El Santuario and is lined with coffee plantations and bougainvilleas. You'll pass the famous Bot castle on the way to the estate.The quiet, exquisite neighborhood is located only five minutes from the Boquete town center.
Year-round temperatures in El Santuario average 72 degrees (22C). The clean, clear, mountain air is especially refreshing from this altitude. Thirty-eight species of birds visit the property regularly.The lovely grounds have extensive flowering gardens, fruit trees, mature pine woods, coffee plants, sculptured hedges, birdhouses, and many trails and walkways throughout.
Financing is available with a 30% down payment!