- Location: Bocas del Toro
- Property Type: Hotel/B&B - PID 5594
- Bedrooms: 13
- Bathrooms: 18
- Built Area: 1,000 m2 (10,764 sq.ft.)
- Total Area: 1,131 m2 (12,174 sq.ft.)
- Title Status: Property Title
Aqua Lounge is a world-renowned hostel built entirely over the warm Caribbean waters of Bocas del Toro, an island paradise tucked away in the north-east corner of Panama. The business has been successfully run for 10 years, and has a stellar internet presence world-wide.
Aqua Lounge is located on the southern tip of Isla Carenero, facing Bocas Town and its amazing sunsets, walking distance from some pristine beaches and some world class waves. A thirty second boat ride, will get you to and from Bocas Town, where all the shops, restaurants, nightlife and airport are located.
The hostel offers a variety of dorms and private rooms at reasonable prices, our bar is famous for its events and chill vibe and the restaurant is a year-round favorite for locals and tourists alike.
The hostel is built entirely over the Caribbean sea, part of it consists of two pieces of land, denominated “Finca n° 1183” and “Finca n°1185” which are titled and owned by Agua Azul S.A., the rest of the builtis built on granted land given by the Panamanian government (right of possession), which lasts for life, also given to Agua Azul S.A.
• Sundeck and 2 natural pools, which include a trampoline, dive tower, swings and lounge beds.
• Common inside area, includes the bar which is open to the inside and outside and multiple chilling areas located elsewhere in the hostel.
• Reception bar and kitchen, this is where the restaurant is currently working.
• Storage room and third natural pool in the middle of the hostel
• Rooms: two large dorms with capacity for 12 people each, private bathroom inside each of them; three double private rooms with queen size beds; one quintuple room and one quadruple room located on the second level; two private room with capacity for 4 people each; a large dorm for 7 people.
• Private apartment also located on a second level.
• Laundry room, maintenance warehouse and storage rooms.
• Massage room
Geographic and Demographic facts of Bocas del Toro
Bocas del Toro is a province of Panama, comprising the mainland and nine main islands. The province consists of the Bocas del Toro Archipelago, Bahía Almirante, Laguna de Chiriquí, and adjacent mainland. The capital is the city of Bocas Town on Isla Colón.
The Bocas del Toro Archipelago is a group of islands in the northwest of the Caribbean Sea in Panama. The archipelago separates Bahía Almirante and Laguna de
Chiriquí from the open Caribbean Sea. The major city is Bocas del Toro, also called Bocas Town, on Isla Colón. The islands are accessible by water taxis and private boats. Isla Colón is accessible by airplanes, ferries, private boats, and water taxis. Bocas del Toro "Isla Colón" International Airport, located just west of Bocas Town, provides air transportation to and from the island to Panama City, San José, Costa Rica, and Changuinola city. The ferries serve Bocas Town from Almirante, Changuinola, and Chiriquí Grande.
The archipelago consists of Caribbean islands and waters with rich biodiversity and an ethnically diverse human population. Following a relatively stagnant economy from the 1930s to the 1990s, a tourism industry began to form in Bocas as a result of political and economic shifts. The Panamanian government promote foreign investment, resulting in the rapid development of Bocas del Toro as an exotic tropical tourist destination and a massive influx of tourists to the archipelago.