Panama offers an attractive incentive program for retirees, and because of the lower cost of living, great climate, lower crime rate and tax advantages, Panama compares with many European choice of retirement destinations.
A partial list of retiree incentives and benefits include:
- Household goods can be brought in to Panama free of taxes.
- New cars can be brought in duty free every two years.
- Discounts between 15% and 50% are offered on hotels, restaurants, movies, many professional services etc.
- Panama is a safe country.
- Panama City has a modern, American style infrastructure due to the near 100 year presence of the Americans in Panama.
- High-band Internet connectivity, cellular phone networks and ADSL in-home phone capability are readily accessible throughout most of Panama. Full-service satellite and cable TV are also very common.
- Panama's cost of living is a fraction (approximately 1/5th) of the United States.
- Panama has an ideal climate.
- Panama has medical facilities on a par with the United States.
- Panama is close to the United States with direct flights to Panama from 5 major US cities.
- Retirement visa requirements are minimal.
- Foreigners can buy and own property in Panama enjoying the same rights and protections as Panamanians.
- English is the second language in Panama and is widely spoken.
For more information, please Contact Us.