Panama Real Estate Taxes
Article 4. Article 766 of the Fiscal Code is as follows:
Article 766. The combined progressive rate of this tax on an immovable property under the tax benefit of the tax family estate or the main residence is the following:
- 0.00% on the tax base of zero balboas up to one hundred and twenty thousand balboas (B/ 120 000.00).
- 0.50% on the taxable surplus of one hundred twenty thousand balboas (B/ 120 000.00) up to seven hundred thousand balboas (B/,700 000.00).
- 0.7% on the taxable surplus of seven hundred thousand balboas (B/ 700,000.00).
The taxable base of the real estate tax is understood as that composed of the cadastral value of the land and construction or construction. including additional improvements to the original construction or building, if any.
Article 5. Article 766-A of the Fiscal Code is as follows:
Article 766-A. The combined progressive rate on commercial, industrial real estate, other residences, land and others is as follows:
- 0.00% on the tax base of zero balboas up to thirty thousand balboas (B/ 30 000.00).
- 0.60% on the taxable surplus of thirty thousand balboas (B/ 30 000.00) up to two hundred and fifty thousand balboas (B/ 250 000.00).
- 0.80% on the taxable surplus of two hundred and fifty thousand balboas (B/ 250 000.00) up to five hundred thousand balboas (B/ 500 000.00).
- 1.00% on the taxable surplus of five hundred thousand balboas (B/ 500 000.00).
TRANSITORY PARAGRAPH. The immovable property constituted in horizontal property regime of commercial, industrial, other residences and others, that to date are exempted its improvements, will pay the rate of I% of the value of the land until the expiration of the exemption of the improvements. Once the exemption of said improvements has expired, the rates established in the numerals of this article shall apply.
COMBINED PROGRESSIVE TARIFF (TPC)
|LAW 49 OF 2009 / IN DOLLARS||*TAXABLE BASE||RATE|
|Up to 30 thousand||Exonerated|
|More than 30 thousand to 50 thousand||1.75%|
|More than 50 thousand up to 75 thousand||1.95%|
|Surplus of 75 thousand 2.10%||2.10%|
* Land and improvements.