Coco del Mar is a very exclusive, suburbian residential area nestled off of the Pacific coast just outside Panama City between the more commonly known points of Punta Pacifica and Costa del Este.
It is located very near to Old Panama, which once served as the forts of the Spanish Explorers in the 1600´s, but after being ransacked by Sir Henry Morgan and his men, all that remains are stone ruins.
Although Coco del Mar is only a few minutes from downtown Panama, one can still see nature all around. Many cranes, herons, pelicans and frigate birds nest in the area and are commonly seen fishing the waters just off the rocky beaches.
The area of Coco del Mar is remarkable quiet and pristine considering its proximity to Panama City, and is comprised of a nice mixture of high density apartment buildings and large single family home properties.
Pros to investing in Coco del Mar:
- All of the conveniences of the city are available within a very close proximity.
- Beautiful, unobstructable, ocean views can be afforded from the vast majority of properties in the area.
- The neighborhoods are very well manicured, and are comprised of a nice mix of high density apartment buildings and beautiful single family homes.
- For being so close to downtown Panama City, it is a very quiet area with lots of mature trees, parks and green areas.
- Coco del Mar is literally a hop skip and a jump from the Southern Corredor which is less than 15 minutes by car from Tocumen International Airport.
Cons to Investing in Coco del Mar:
- Traffic in and out of Coco del Mar can be a bit tedious during rush hours.